IMLYGIC® Dosing & Administration
For intralesional injection only. Do not administer intravenously.1
Administer IMLYGIC® (talimogene laherparepvec) by injection into cutaneous, subcutaneous, and/or nodal lesions that are visible, palpable, or detectable by ultrasound guidance.1
To minimize accidental exposure to IMLYGIC® by healthcare providers, patients, and their close contacts, it is very important that the instructions for storage and handling, preparation, dosing, and administration of IMLYGIC® in the full Prescribing Information are strictly followed.
Please see full Prescribing Information for dosing and administration details.
Watch the video below demonstrating intralesional injections of IMLYGIC®.
The Lesion Tracking Sheet can help you document treatment of melanoma lesions.
Review the Clinical Overview and Handling Instructional Guide to learn about dosing and administration and to understand some of the requirements for safe handling and storage
. GET THE GUIDE >
- Inject lesion(s) largest to smallest in size until either the maximum injection volume of 4 mL is reached, or until all injectable lesions have been treated.
DOSE 2 and all subsequent doses1
- First, inject any newly formed lesion(s).
- Then inject lesion(s) largest to smallest in size until either the maximum injection volume of 4 mL is reached, or until all injectable lesions have been treated.
Continue IMLYGIC® treatment for at least 6 months unless other treatment is required or until there are no injectable lesions to treat.1
Reinitiate IMLYGIC® treatment if new cutaneous, subcutaneous, or nodal lesions appear after a complete response.1
Determination of IMLYGIC® Injection Volume Based on Lesion Size1
The number of vials and concentration needed are dependent on the number and size of injectable lesions. Total volume of IMLYGIC® injection for each lesion should be determined by the chart below.1
*Lesion sizes not to scale.
When lesions are clustered together, inject them as you would for a single lesion according to the above.1
There is no limit on the number of lesions that may be injected until the maximum cumulative dose of 4 mL per visit is reached. The total injection volume for each treatment visit should not exceed 4 mL for all injected lesions combined.1
It may not be possible to inject all lesions at each treatment visit or over the full course of treatment. Previously injected and/or uninjected lesion(s) may be injected at subsequent treatment visits.1
During the course of therapy1:
- IMLYGIC® treatment should be continued for at least 6 months unless other treatment is required or until no injectable lesions are remaining
- Reinitiate IMLYGIC® treatment if new unresectable cutaneous, subcutaneous, or nodal lesions appear after a complete response
IMLYGIC® Starter Kits can be obtained from your local sales representative.
Help for locating centers and clinics that may provide IMLYGIC® (talimogene laherparepvec) treatment to appropriate patients.
GET STARTED >
Read on for practical information about ordering, handling, and shipping and storage requirements for IMLYGIC®. OPERATIONS & STORAGE >